Friday, February 11, 2011

Rob Ryan and Columbia Rd flower market

If there is one place in London that makes my soul sing, its Columbia Flower Market on a Sunday morning. The trick is to get there early, line up for an outstanding coffee in the courtyard off Quilter Street, cant give you more info but when you have found it you will know...(coffee from heaven) and stroll past the blooms and bulbs inhaling the scent of the fresh morning air...........aye....


Tess, Sim and Sa eyeing out the bagels on Columbia Rd




But on the edge of all the Cockney mayhem is a quagmire of little shops, busting at the seams with colour, quirk and bohemia. There is one particular shop I love, the cut out artist Rob Ryan. Fiddly work but what a fab result...he sells more than paper products, his designs are now on tiles, prints, fabric.



An age old art with a new twist.


Thats a good Valentine card dont you think? Infact I see Roger de la Borde is using Rob Ryan designs on his cards and so they are quite easily available - have seen the at exclusive books in SA and in David Jones in Sydney.



Heres a cut out I bought in Beijing in the Art District, I like the idea of a wise soul on a wall watching over me..

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I share your love and admiration for Rob Ryan. I bought a book of his works and long for all of them in real life. He's the biggest romantic I've ever come across...Thanks for sharing Em. x

Emma Vic said...

Thanks T, nice to know someone is reading this! A romantic is a great way to describe him...I see Roger de la Borde is now using him in a range of cards, you can get at Exclusive Books in SA. xx

Unknown said...

oh....its not just T following! I log in for my daily dose - loving it em, thanks xxx ps. i also wanna go to the sea, hold hands and get drunk on fresh air and never tell a soul - awesome words as well as pictures xxx